Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia (KL)Real Estate and Properties Investment Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Boom of IT in Kochi – a boon for the builders
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm by demin

» Sungai Long , Kajang (Garden Park)Apartment for sale
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» KLCC HAMPSHIRE Residence for Sale
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» The Meritz,KLCC

» Meta tags keywords SEO?
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 pm by daniel

» Hi people in this forum!
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 am by luke123

» Hi everybody.
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm by Sierra

» Real estate boom in Cochin
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm by demin

» HI, Know about real estate
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am by tobiasschnell

Property Listing
Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city Logo
free counters
Navigation

Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 171
威望 : 0
注册日期 : 2009-10-27

Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city Empty
PostSubject: Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city   Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Monday, April 12, 2010

The multi-billion-ringgit Sunway Integrated Resort City (SIRC) in Bandar Sunway started when founder Tan Sri Jeffrey Cheah Fook Ling turned to property by chance in the 1970s.

Sunway -- from mining land to integrated resort city Pic

Cheah was born in Pusing, a small town outside of Ipoh in Perak. He had his primary and secondary education in Batu Gajah before leaving to pursue his tertiary education at the Footscray Institute of Technology (now Victoria University) in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheah started his career as an accountant in a motor assembly plant in Malaysia but decided it was not his cup of tea and left to venture out on his own.

By luck he came across an opportunity to buy a tin mining company, owned by a British. The company was mining over 350ha of land in Bandar Sunway, Selangor.
When the British decided to exit the business, Cheah made a quick decision to buy the land at RM100,000.

In 1974, Cheah founded the Sunway Group of companies and later set up Sunway City (Suncity) Bhd to develop the 350ha land.

According to Suncity managing director, property investment, Ngeow Voon Yean, Cheah had envisaged more than 15 years ago that the SIRC would be a vibrant city attracting generations ahead and a major tourism destination.

Today, the SIRC is the only integrated resort city in Malaysia which fully encapsulates the "livability" concept with the presence of six key components - shopping mall, hotel, office, theme park, education institute and medical centre.

The amazing rehabilitation and transformation of the landscape has won the township many international awards, including being adjudged the world's best leisure project by FIABCI (International Real Estate Federation, Paris) in 2002.

By Business Times
Back to top Go down
https://klproperty.forum.st

Page 1 of 1