Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia (KL)Real Estate and Properties Investment Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Boom of IT in Kochi – a boon for the builders
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm by demin

» Sungai Long , Kajang (Garden Park)Apartment for sale
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» KLCC HAMPSHIRE Residence for Sale
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» The Meritz,KLCC

» Meta tags keywords SEO?
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 pm by daniel

» Hi people in this forum!
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 am by luke123

» Hi everybody.
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm by Sierra

» Real estate boom in Cochin
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm by demin

» HI, Know about real estate
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am by tobiasschnell

Property Listing
Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands Logo
free counters
Navigation

Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ajaybali

帖子数 : 33
威望 : 0
注册日期 : 2011-02-03

Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands Empty
PostSubject: Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands   Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Volunteer with Help Our Penyu in 2011 (a community based NOT FOR PROFIT sea turtle conservation organisation) and help save the Sea Turtles of Malaysia whilst bringing prosperity and education to the local community.

We are based on the idyllic tropical islands of Perhentian, Malaysia where you will find chilled out beaches, world class diving and a friendly community welcome.

Volunteers are needed between March and October to help protect the nesting sea turtle population and their offspring. Over the last 50 years numbers have fallen drastically. The area was once world famous for it’s Leatherback population. This has now fallen by 99% to just 10 nests a year. Other species have followed suit with only the Green turtle holding a significant nesting population.

Development in the area has played it’s part as nesting habitats have been transformed into tourist resorts. Pollution has gone hand in hand with this.

The poverty faced by the local community has meant that the poaching and selling of turtle eggs is very tempting. 1 nest can reward a poacher with 2-3 weeks worth of wages!

As a volunteer you will undertake the following;

* Nightly beach patrols on a rota basis safeguarding two important nesting beaches,
* Data collection from turtles, nests and hatchlings,
* Surveys of forest and coral environments,
* Beach cleans,
* Assist in running weekly marine conservation and English language clubs at a local school,
* Run marine conservation info booths as part of a group at local resorts and beaches,
* Assist in teaching swimming skills (ability dependent),
* Assist with various art, recycling, community projects.

You will receive;

* All meals and accommodation for the duration of your stay, accommodation is on an isolated dive resort and then within the local village community,
* Transport from the mainland to the islands,
* Lessons in Malay,
* Opportunity to help save an ancient species vital to the marine ecosystem,
* Plenty of free time to explore the islands, undertake dive courses, snorkel or just chill on the beach.

Cost: Is dependent on number of weeks volunteering:
GBP£400 for 1 week,
GBP£599 for 2 weeks,
GBP£799 for 3 weeks,
GBP£999 for 4 weeks.

Contact: for a brochure and booking form - feel free to ask any questions about the project.

Happy Volunteering Smile

hummer parts car
full service moving companies
Back to top Go down

Volunteer sea turtle conservation- Perhentian Islands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur :: Chit Chat Club 中文部 :: Travel 边度最好玩-
Jump to: