Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia (KL)Real Estate and Properties Investment Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Boom of IT in Kochi – a boon for the builders
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm by demin

» Sungai Long , Kajang (Garden Park)Apartment for sale
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» KLCC HAMPSHIRE Residence for Sale
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» The Meritz,KLCC

» Meta tags keywords SEO?
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 pm by daniel

» Hi people in this forum!
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 am by luke123

» Hi everybody.
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm by Sierra

» Real estate boom in Cochin
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm by demin

» HI, Know about real estate
Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am by tobiasschnell

Property Listing
Guocoland upbeat on China property Logo
free counters
Navigation

Guocoland upbeat on China property

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 171
威望 : 0
注册日期 : 2009-10-27

Guocoland upbeat on China property Empty
PostSubject: Guocoland upbeat on China property   Guocoland upbeat on China property I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Friday, April 23, 2010

BEIJING: Guocoland Ltd, the developer controlled by Malaysian billionaire Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan, plans to double investment in China property to more than US$9 billion (US$1 = RM3.20) on confidence government efforts to avert a bubble will work.

Guocoland, whose projects include shopping malls, apartments, offices and hotels, said a year ago it planned to invest 33 billion yuan (100 yuan = RM46.93) in new commercial properties in China.

"We should very easily double that," Violet Lee, head of Guocoland's China operations, said in an interview in Beijing.

"We have much more confidence now because we can sense the central government is taking things very seriously."
The Chinese government in March ordered state-owned companies to pull out of property development if it's not part of their main business, creating an opportunity for foreign developers.

The nation last week increased the size of downpayments, raised interest rates on second homes and barred banks from funding purchases of third homes after property prices surged by a record 11.7 per cent in March from a year ago.

"The recent policies focus on curbing demand, but China's urbanisation and the rising demand for housing are still there over the long term," said Dai Fang, a Shanghai-based analyst at Zheshang Securities Co

"With the expectation of a yuan appreciation, it also makes sense for foreign companies to build up investment in China."

Guocoland shares closed 4 cents higher at S$2.36 (S$1 = RM2.33) in Singapore trading yesterday.

Guocoland's new investments will focus on integrated projects in major cities like Beijing and Shanghai as well as provincial centres, Lee said. The company is considering expanding its land holdings.

The Singapore-based developer, part of Malaysia's Hong Leong Group, aims to increase its investments over about two years, Lee said. She also sees a "big, big opportunity" in the Chinese government's demand that 78 state-owned companies exit the property market because real estate isn't their main business.

The company plans to take advantage of the move through "mutually beneficially working relationships," she said.

China this week ordered developers not to take deposits for sales of uncompleted apartments without proper approval and barred them from charging "abnormally high" prices.

Real estate prices in Haikou, capital of the southern island of Hainan, jumped 53.9 per cent last month.

The average cost of land in 105 Chinese cities rose 8.1 per cent in the first quarter from a year earlier to 2,700 yuan per square metre, the Ministry of Land and Resources said yesterday.

By Bloomberg
Back to top Go down
https://klproperty.forum.st

Page 1 of 1