Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Property In Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia (KL)Real Estate and Properties Investment Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Boom of IT in Kochi – a boon for the builders
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm by demin

» Sungai Long , Kajang (Garden Park)Apartment for sale
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm by hieu91

» KLCC HAMPSHIRE Residence for Sale

» The Meritz,KLCC

» Meta tags keywords SEO?
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 pm by daniel

» Hi people in this forum!
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 am by luke123

» Hi everybody.
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm by Sierra

» Real estate boom in Cochin
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm by demin

» HI, Know about real estate
8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am by tobiasschnell

Property Listing
8 Big Time Mistakes Logo
free counters
Navigation

8 Big Time Mistakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nikyhow

8 Big Time Mistakes Empty
PostSubject: 8 Big Time Mistakes   8 Big Time Mistakes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 am

8 Big Time Mistakes

That cost you money when buying a property.

#1 Failing to use the services of an experienced Real Estate Agent.
Many times buyers avoid using the services of a Real Estate Agent under the mistaken belief that it costs them money - or that they will be able to negotiate a better deal directly with the seller or seller's agent. This can be an expensive mistake.
When buying a property, if you are negotiating directly with the seller or seller's agent, you may not be taking advantage of the best deal available in the marketplace today! You can have your own Real Estate Agent, who is committed to using the experience gained through hundreds of successful negotiations for your benefit.
Real Estate is a unique business, where an agent with one day's experience and no sales gets paid the same as an agent with several years experience and hundreds of successful sales. An experienced agent can help you avoid the other costly mistakes outlined here, and make your property buying experience an enjoyable, stress-free one!

#2 Not knowing who the agent is really working for.
It is important for buyers to know and understand for whom the agent helping with the property hunting is actually working. The agent may be working as a sub agent - representing the seller's best interests during negotiations - or as your agent representing your best interests during negotiations. If you are not sure who your agent is working for - ask for clarification. Your Real Estate Agent must fully explain agency. When negotiations commence, wouldn't you want to know whether information you divulge will be used for the seller's benefit - or your's?

#3 Failing to have a Comparative Market Analysis prepared before offering.
Before you make an offer to purchase that special property, you must have a good idea what the market value is to ensure you do not overpay. Your agent can prepare a Comparative Market Analysis showing what similar properties have recently sold for, and the difference between the asking and selling prices. This is the same type of report the seller receives when deciding on an asking price. Wouldn't you like to have access to the same information as the seller?

#4 Failing to recognize different negotiating styles and strategies.
Many buyers think that the way to achieve a fair purchase price is by offering low. This is the strategy of the buyer who is not in possession of all the facts essential to negotiating the best possible deal. Many times that type of strategy will polarize negotiations and lead to inflexibility on part of the seller - or worse yet - failed negotiations!
If you have chosen your Real Estate Agent wisely, the most effective strategies for this particular situation will be revealed to you. Remember, in the real estate business, an agent with many successfully closed transactions usually costs the same as someone who is inexperienced. That experience could mean a better deal at the negotiating table with a minimum amount of hassles.

#5 Failing to have the property inspected by a competent property inspection company.
Buying a property is a major purchase usually made after spending just half an hour looking at the property. Isn't it worth ensuring you will not be surprised later with deficiencies costing thousands? Your Real Estate Agent can recommend several reputable companies for you to choose from, and will ensure the appropriate clause is inserted in the offer.

#6 Not knowing and understanding your rights and obligations set out in the Offer To Purchase.
It is important to understand completely the terms of the Offer to Purchase. Wrong assumptions, poorly written or missing clauses, and not understanding how the clauses affect the purchase, can lead to increased costs or a void contract. An experienced Real Estate Agent can thoroughly explain the agreement to you and help you to fulfill your contractual obligations.

#7 Letting emotion blind reason.
Buying a property is an exciting time and is usually an emotional decision. It is important that those emotions be validated by facts and reason. An experienced agent will help to remove the emotion from the negotiating process and provide you with the information you need to make the right decisions.

#8 Failing to take the steps to be financially pre-qualified, and having an interest rate guarantee before looking at properties. Knowing how much you can comfortably afford before looking at real estate for sale will ensure you are looking in the right price range and prevent you from buying a property that will strain you financially and emotionally. Having an interest rate guarantee will protect you in times of fluctuating rates and ensure that your initial projected payments do not suddenly escalate, resulting in extra interest charges. An experienced Real Estate Agent can help you initiate this process and can also recommend alternative sources of financing.

Being aware of these Big Time mistakes will ensure you receive best value for your dollar when the time comes to buy your property!
Back to top Go down

8 Big Time Mistakes
Page 1 of 1